Thursday 14 February 2013

Information Design - Instructional


This brief was exciting to do. I love Illustrator and enjoy working with it. That's what I used to draw both instructional designs. The egg instructions was easy to draw, but the tie one wasn't. I don't even know how to tie a tie. I tried tying my kids' school ties but was never successful so I got them an elastic tie. But now since I have to draw the instructions, I had to find out and learn how to tie a tie. Finally, now I know how and I was able to draw it (but I had to look at other pictures, couldn't draw it from my mind). Filling it with color was tricky because I had open paths, so I had to go over the open paths and join whatever can be joined and redraw those that can't. If anyone is wondering about the tie color, I was trying out gradients and I actually liked how this gradient looked on the tie :)



This is my draft. I started with the chopsticks and wrote all the instructions. But when I tried to draw the hands in Illustrator, it wasn't easy, it took me a long time to draw one hand, so I just switched to the tying a tie info.




No comments:

Post a Comment